GLASGOW WELCOMES: ASPIRING LEADERS PROGRAMME
JANUARY - MAY 2018
Investing today in the leaders of tomorrow
A brand new opportunity from the Glasgow Welcomes Initiative
The Glasgow Welcomes: Aspiring Leaders’ Programme is a unique, money-can’t-buy, experience-led opportunity which aims to develop, support and nurture the next generation of leaders within the city’s tourism and hospitality sectors.
Developed by local tourism businesses, this programme will develop leadership skills and knowledge, providing useful tools and techniques for participants, and will be tailored to individual needs via coaching and mentoring support.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Assistant managers, or experienced team leaders, who manage a team and have responsibility for service excellence;
- Employed within Glasgow’s tourism and visitor economy sectors;
- Self-motivating individuals with a level of autonomy in their work;
- Should have completed supervisory skills training (either in-house or with Glasgow Welcomes), and have the aspiration to progress towards leadership positions, or already be in a junior management position.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME INVOLVE?
- A series of highly participative leadership workshops over 9 separate days:
- Morning classroom-based sessions offer opportunities to demonstrate and consolidate learning through activities;
- Afternoon sessions bring the learning to life through inspiring industry speakers, mini-learning journeys and a series of site visits to a range of Glasgow venues;
- Outwith training days, delegates will develop and implement a business improvement project of their choice, which will provide tangible benefits to their business, their customers and their own personal development.
- Individual development as a person and as a leader;
- Improving team development as a successful motivator and coach;
- Increasing bottom line through the implementation of the Business Improvement Project;
- Improving customer experience by becoming an Ambassador for Glasgow, developing a city-wide “one Glasgow” approach for visitors;
- Participants will gain a valuable external network of like-minded individuals from businesses/organisations across the city’s visitor experience to aid collaboration and sharing of best practice.
WHEN DOES THE PROGRAMME RUN?
- Delegates will participate in 9 training days (between late January 2018 and May 2018);
- Delegates will benefit from a free place on the Glasgow Welcomes Champions’ Networking & Speaker Events on the mornings of 22 February 2018 and 21 June 2018.
DOWNLOAD THE COURSE PROGRAMME to see the range of topics on a leadership theme that will be covered in the programme and the additional support in place for delegates.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME COST?
£450 + VAT per person, to include training materials, and lunches and refreshments on training days. This fee represents a 50% subsidy by Glasgow Welcomes, and is payable in advance. Participants will receive a Glasgow Welcomes branded certificate on successful completion.
Contact [email protected] to request an application pack. Applications must be received by Monday, 4 December 2017. Applications will be assessed by a panel including industry representatives. A total of 15 places will be available, to represent a variety of tourism/hospitality sectors.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
With thanks to Scottish Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, VisitScotland, Glasgow Life, and the GW Industry Champions for their support and contribution to the Aspiring Leaders Programme.