Next month, Glasgow will proudly host its latest prestigious sporting event, the World Gymnastics Championships 2015. This is a fantastic opportunity for our tourism and hospitality businesses to welcome more than 600 gymnasts, 1,500 officials and support staff, 500 media representatives and some 50,000 spectators to the city.
It is also your chance to boost visitor and customer footfall, as well as profits, over a 10-day period, from October 23 to November 1, and prior to Christmas.
To make the most of this huge event at the SSE Hydro Arena it’s important that your customer service skills are maximised and revitalised – and that your staff know all the facts and figures surrounding the championships.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REFRESHER
With the World Gymnastics Championships 30 days away, now is the perfect time to plan ahead and refresh your staff’s customer service skills.
Why not take advantage of the newly updated Glasgow Welcomes – Online training module for your teams? It’s cost effective at £5 per person, flexible to use and takes only 1.5 hours in total to complete.
The wide-ranging positive feedback from Glasgow Welcomes reveals just how useful this programme is for ensuring your customer service is at its best when preparing for visitors to city events, such as the World Gymnastics Championships.
BE IN THE KNOW
It will be a great help to your business and staff – and also impressive to visitors – if you are fully aware of all the facts and details about the Gymnastics Championships.
You can download our valuable factsheet for free to find out about key information, event schedules, statistics and visitor profiles.
For example, did you know?:
- 91 countries will compete in the championships.
- The competition will be broadcast in the UK on BBC 1 and BBC2 for the six days of finals.
- Live broadcasts will also go out to America, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Russia, China, Japan and Brazil.
- The top countries outside the UK for ticket sales so far are America, France, Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands and Germany.
- There will be a demand for late evening dining as some championship sessions will finish after 10pm.
- The event will be held close to the city centre and west end at the SSE Hydro Arena.
You can also order copies of the free Glasgow Welcomes Be First to Know pocket guide for your frontline staff. The guide is packed with information about the city, top tips for tourists and how to get around. Again, please email Judith at [email protected]
Also see 2015worldgymnastics